To add a Data Trends Gadget:
- In Title, type a name for the gadget.
- In Search Query, type the search query to run, based on the XpoSearch simple/complex search syntax - ensure the result is a single value/string.
- In Time Range, select the time frame following which the gadget display is to be refreshed.
In Label, set the type label to be displayed.
In Format select the result type.
- In Symbol, add a symbol to be displayed next to the value according to the result's context - $, %, etc.
- In Decimal value, select the displayed format.
- More Settings:
- Select whether ascending results (in the compared view) represents a positive (green) or a negative (red) trend
- Click the Save button.
- The gadget is saved in the container (note - the default comparison is to the previous selected period, and its possible to select other periods on the widget itself).