When there is a need for second layer of aggregation over a log it is possible to use this option and collect any digested log in XpoLog.
To add a local XpoLog log into your XpoLog system:
- In Add Data pane click on Remote XpoLog. The Source and Collection Setting wizard opens.
- To change a log source, near Source Type, click on the Change button.
- In Log Path or Directory, click Browse to select the local path to the log.
- Optionally, click on Collection Settings to define advanced settings for the Remote XpoLog log – Files Filters, and/or Regional Settings (see Configuring Advanced Log Settings).
- Click Add Log. A progress box displays the status of the system as it scans the selected log. When the scan completes, the Patterns Administration Wizard screen opens.
- Optionally, Apply patterns on the log data and save the log in XpoLog (see Applying Patterns on the Log).
- Click Save – XpoLog applies an automated pattern on the incoming log. Log Collection Settings wizard opens.
- Optionally, defining the basic information of the new log (see Setting Log General Information).
- Click one of the following:
Save & Close – XpoLog saves the new log and points to the logs tree. locate the log in the logs tree and enter the viewer in order to view the log.
Save & Add Another – XpoLog saves the new log and points to Add Log screen so that you may another log.