In order for XpoLog to send emails, you must allocate an SMTP mail server and configure it.
To configure mail settings:
- In the General Settings console, open the Mail tab.
- In SMTP Host, type the SMTP host address that XpoLog is to use to send emails.
- In SMTP Port, type the port that the given SMTP host is listening on.
- In System Email Address, type the default/system ‘From’ email address that is to be used when sending emails.
- In Administrator Email Address, type the email address of XpoLog’s administrator, where system notifications such as disk space, violation messages, and more, are to be sent.
- If the SMTP requires authentication, select the Use SMTP Authentication checkbox. In this case, provide SMTP Username and SMTP Password, and indicate whether or not to Use TLS/SSL.
- To test that the mail settings are correct and usable, click the Test Mail Settings link, enter a valid email address to which a test message should be sent, and click the Send Message button. If an error message appears, fix the relevant setting based on the error message and run another test.
- Click the Save button.
The mail settings are saved.