XpoLog monitor group is an entity containing multiple monitors which can be executed as a group.
The following is a step by step flow to add a monitor group:
1. From The Monitors console (Manager > Log Actions > Monitors) - select Add New Group.
2. Name the Monitor, and select the monitors that you wish to include as part of this group.
3. Alerts - Add new Alert. If this is the first time XpoLog is configured to send alerts then you will be asked to enter details that XpoLog can use to send the requested alert. Create the alert and save it.
4. Schedule - configure the frequency that you wish for this monitor - based on the configured frequency the monitor will scan the log.
5. Save it. It will run automatically based on the frequency you configured and it is also possible to execute a monitor manually if needed by selecting the monitor and click the execute button.
- Failure - determines the fail criteria of a monitor. By default if a single monitor from the group members will fail, it will be considered as a group failure and the alerts will be triggered.
- Once failed, execute failure actions only after - after a failure, alerts will be sent again only after a specified number of additional failure without a success between.
- Once failed, execute failure actions only after a specified number of monitors failure.
- Positive Alerts - execute a positive alert as an indication that a specified time has passed since last failure.