XpoLog Center Main Features
XpoLog features multiple modules that offer proactive analysis, problem isolation, log correlation, log analysis, log search engine, reporting, and proactive monitoring. The solution offers the following main features:
- Agentless over SSH, Windows
- Log Viewer for any log
- Detection of application anomalies
- Content/knowledge analysis
- Log correlation by transaction
- Comprehensive reports – aggregation, statistics, and rules
- Problem isolation monitoring
- Web interface, cross platform
- Search engine
- Enterprise security integration
XpoLog Center Modules
XpoLog Center includes three modules: XpoLog Search (XpoSearch), XpoLog Manager, and Analytics.
XpoLog Search (XpoSearch) allows you to perform centralized searches across multiple data sources. Using the XpoSearch interface, you can search all the logs in XpoLog Center, including applications, servers, network devices, and database tables. You can search values using common search syntax such as Boolean operators, wild cards, and regular expressions. Through its intuitive language, you can search specific terms, combined phrases, any text, IP addresses, numbers, and more, and then view and analyze the results, while creating monitors, filters, and reports. Advanced capabilities include complex search syntax for measuring time of events, computing averages, calculating aggregation in time bucketing, and more.
XpoLog Manager includes the administration screens for managing the information, which is covered in the Administrator Guide, as well as several features for the end-user:
- Log Viewer – A dedicated real-time log viewer that allows basic navigation through the various logs, opening specific logs, displaying specific log records, filtering, customizing a log, and exporting a log.
- Log Monitor – A monitoring engine that verifies the logs' contents and alerts when a rule matches the log records.
XpoLog Analytics offers automated monitoring and problem isolation. It automatically scans the logs for errors, risks, and anomalies according to predefined rules. It generates dynamic reports and sends alerts as soon as new risks or problems are detected. Each event is mapped to a risk level according to the error message. Analytics also aggregates and computes statistics of many dimensions in the log events: the amount of events over time, type of message over time, risks, anomalies, and more. When these aggregated statistics exceed the normal thresholds, XpoLog alerts the relevant user