In the General Settings tab, you can do the following:
- Save the entire configuration used by XpoLog.
- Change the ports used by XpoLog for HTTP/HTTPS.
Saving the XpoLog Configuration
It is recommended to save in a directory, the entire configuration that XpoLog uses. This directory should be external to the installation directory, and XpoLog should be granted full permissions on it. See Post Installation Recommendations for full explanation.
In cases where more than one XpoLog instance shares the same configuraton, you also have the option of specifying that XpoLog run in Cluster mode, so that the XpoLog instances are aware of each other. See XpoLog Cluster Installation for full explanation.
To save the entire XpoLog configuration:
- In the XpoLog General Settings console, open the General tab.
- Select the Use external configuration directory checkbox, and in Configuration full path, type the absolute path to a directory that XpoLog can use to store and manage its configuration and analysis. Example: C:/XpoLogConfig/.
- If you want XpoLog to run in cluster mode, select the Cluster mode check-box. This is required only if XpoLog is installed in a cluster with multiple instances.
- If you want XpoLog to run as agent where ALL system activities are disabled select the Agent Mode check-box. Mainly used for Remote XpoLog in Agent mode or LogSync.
- Click Save.
- The XpoLog configuration is saved in the specified directory.
- Restart XpoLog.
Changing the HTTP/HTTPS Ports
The default HTTP port is 30303; default HTTPS port is 30443. You can change the ports used by XpoLog for HTTP/HTTPS.
To change the HTTP/HTTPS port:
- In the XpoLog General Settings General tab, in HTTP port, type the port to be used by XpoLog for HTTP, and/or in HTTPS port, type the port to be used by XpoLog for HTTPS.
- Click Save.
The ports configuration is saved.