XpoLog contains a comprehensive audit mechanism, which lists in a log every operation that users perform in XpoLog from login until logout.
From the Settings > Audit menu item in the XpoLog Log Viewer, you can run audit filtering of users' activities.
The available filters are:
- Time Frames – for specifying the time frame of the audit view
- Audit Types – for specifying the types of actions to view
- General – for viewing a specific user's audit (User Name) or a general term, such as action type, component name, or action description (General)
Note: Althought not recommended, you can view the audit log on all data, without filtering.
To run audit filtering:
- In the XpoLog Manager menu, select Settings > Audit.
The System Audit page opens.
- Filter the Audit log by time frame, audit type, user name, or general term (see following sections for details).
- Click generate.
The filtered audit log view is displayed in the Log Viewer.
Filtering by Time Frame
You can filter the audit log to show records from before or after a specific date, or between two specific dates. Alternately, you can show records from a time relative to the current time: from the last minutes, hours, or days; from the previous days, weeks, or months; or from a specified number of days or hours ago for the duration of a specific number of days of hours.
To show records from a specific time period:
- Select the Dates limit option, and do one of the following:
Show audit records from a specific date – Select the show records that arrive after checkbox, and click calendar to select a date from the calendar. Default: todays' date.
Show audit records until a specific date – Select the show records that arrive before checkbox, and click calendar to select a date from the calendar. Default: todays' date.
Show audit records between two dates – Select the show records that arrive after and the show records that arrive before checkboxes, and click calendar to select the range of dates from the calendar. Default: todays' date.
To show records from a time period relative to the current date:
- Select the show records option, and select one of the following options from the dropdown box:
Select from – Show records from a specific number of hours or days, for a specific number of hours or days.
- Select from the last, and input the number of days, hours, or minutes – Show most recent records, as specified.
- Select from the previous, and input the number of days, weeks, or months – Show previous records, as specified.
Filtering by Audit Type
You can filter the audit log view to show any or all of the following actions performed by users:
- View system components
- Change system components
Note: At least one audit type should be selected.
To filter by audit type:
- In the Audit Types section, select the checkboxes of the type of actions to include in the audit view: Logins/Logouts, View system components, or Change system components.
You can filter the audit log view to show operations performed by a specific user, and/or that include a specific term.
To filter by user name or general term:
- In the General section, in User Name, type a user name to generate an audit view of a specific user, or leave empty for audit view of all users.
- In General, type a specific term to include in the audit view only operations including this term.