- Open the Tasks console (see Tasks), and click the New Task button
In the XpoLog Manager homepage, under More Actions, click Add Task.
- In the page that opens, select the Add Logs Directory option, and then click Continue.
The Add Logs Directory Task page opens.
- In Name, type the name of the new task.
- In Description, type a description of the new task; optional.
- In Parent Folder, click select and select the folder under which the new folders and logs are to be added.
- Under Configuration, if the tasks configuration is specified in an external file, select the Use a scanner configuration file option, and in Configuration file path, type either type the full path name to the scanner configuration file or browse to it. , or click on Upload File to upload the external file.
Otherwise, select the Scan a specific directory option, and proceed as described in the Scanning a Single Logs Directory section below.
- Optionally, configure Advanced Settings (see Configuring Advanced Settings).
- To automate task execution, open the Schedule tab, and configure the scheduler as described in Scheduling a Task.
- Click Save.
The Add Logs Directory task is saved.