XpoLog Search enables users with sufficient permission to save any search as a monitor so that it is run automatically by the system at scheduled intervals. Also, the results of the monitor are automatically sent to the emails of recipients that you specify. This saves users the time that it takes to set up the search and send the results to recipients.
Saving a search as a monitor is very quick and simple – the minimum that is required is for you to define a name for the monitor; the search string, which is also required, is automatically input by the system. You also have the option of defining the following:
- The frequency at which the monitor is to be run. This should not be specified, if you want to manually run the monitor.
- The emails of recipients to whom the system should automatically send alerts resulting from the monitor.
To save a search as a monitor:
- In the Search Query Panel, click Save Monitor.
- The Save Monitor dialog box opens. The search query is automatically input into Search Query.
- In Name, type a meaningful name for the search (mandatory).
- In Schedule, do one of the following:
- Leave blank if you intend to run the monitor manually.
- Select the frequency at which the system should automatically run the monitor: Select from the dropdown list the unit of time (Seconds, Minutes, or Hours) and type the number of units.
- In Email, type the email addresses to which to send alerts. Separate email addresses with a comma.
- Click Save.
The monitor is saved.