The most efficient deployment of XPLG is a multiple machines based cluster.
The clustering mechanism of XPLG manages all its tasks automatically and dynamically based on the available cluster processes.
A clustered deployment has some key advantages:
- Scalability - by adding additional processes, support any required volume.
- Users activity vs. back end processing - a complete separation between the users activity and the backend processes of data in order to maintain high quality of service.
- Multiple points of failure - all cluster nodes may function as alerting and processing nodes in cases of failures to avoid loss of data / loss of service.
- Fast Disaster Recovery (DR) - XpoLog has automated procedures to maintain configuration backups that may be easily used to restore a system.
- High Availability (HA) - Upon cluster node failure the cluster manager immediately identifies it and alerts. Until the failed node resumes, its processes are automatically assigned to another node to ensure all activities are performed.
- Fault tolerance - During a cluster node failure or following an entire cluster failure, XpoLog recovers immediately and accurately to complete undigested data, reports and monitors.
HA Cluster Architecture
The following diagram presents a clustered environment with multiple user interface nodes and data processing nodes.
 Users Web Browser Access. Integration to Active Directory for authentication and authorization
 Users Traffic Load Balancer - (optional) - in case of multiple UI nodes this LB distributed users’ activity
 UI Nodes Array - processes dedicated to serve users activity
 Storage - file system accessible by all cluster nodes
 Processing Nodes Array - the cluster management, processing, and listeners nodes
 Listeners Load Balancer - (optional) - in case of multiple Listeners, this LB distributed traffic between nodes