You can create a new filter with a new name from the combination of existing filters. You must also specify whether records are to be filtered according to the criteria of all the combined filters (AND operation) or any of the filters (OR operation).
To combine filters into a single filter:
- In the Log Viewer toolbar, click the Filter Menu button, and in the menu that appears, click Multi.
The Multi Filter definition dialog box opens. A name is automatically generated for the filter. A list of all the filters existing for this log appears in the Filters section under the Filters list.
- In Name, type a meaningful name for the filter to replace the name automatically generated by the system.
- In the Filters section, under the Filters list, select the filter to include in the new filter, and click Add.
The selected filter is placed under the Filters to use list.
Note: You can remove a filter from the Filters to use list, by selecting it and clicking Remove.
- Repeat Step 3 for all filters that you want to include in the combined filter.
- In Logical operation between filters, select AND or OR.
- If you want Analytics to regard this filter as a predefined rule, set Filter Rule Severity to Low, Medium, or High. Otherwise, leave None.
- Click Save.
The filter is saved and run on the log.