You can add data (in table format) from a database into XpoLog as a log, provided that the database is connected to a JDBC driver. Database table configuration in XpoLog should be based on a common SQL query.
To add a database table into XpoLog as a log:
- In Connection Details, select the account required to connect to the database, or click the new link to add an account to the system.
Note: If you do not have any Database account, the Add Database account page is presented automatically.
- Optionally, define advanced settings for the Database log – Data Access Mode and/or Regional Settings (see Configuring Advanced Log Settings).
- Click Next.
The Database Query Administration screen opens, listing the tables in the database.
- Select the table that you want to add to XpoLog as a log.
- In the Query Definition textbox, write an expression based on SQL syntax to execute on the selected table(s).
Note: If you are not familiar with SQL syntax, leave the default expression.
Advanced: If you are interested to add functions that will run at the end of the query use at the end of the entered query XPLG_QUERY_INSERT and then the function. For example:
Select * from TABLE_NAME XPLG_QUERY_INSERT with UR
- Optionally, click Verify Query to preview on the lower half of the screen, the log records resulting from the query that you input. If you would like to change the resulting log, repeat step 5.
- Select the maximum records that you want XpoLog to show.
Note: By default XpoLog will retrieve only 10000 records from the table. It is highly recommended to select 'Unlimit' and then click order by to specify which column should be used for the order by when querying the table. The selected column must be unique - either an ID or Date so that each collection cycle will start from the last record which was collected.
- Click Save.
The database logs are displayed in the Log Viewer.