In order to add a table from MySQL Database as a log source to XpoLog follow these steps:
1. Download the driver from here
2. Go to XpoLog Manager > Tools > Address Book, Add New Database Account.
3. In the Database Types screen, click the 'Upload Driver' button and select the mysql-connector-java-5.1.28-bin.jar and click the 'Upload' button.
1. Go to XpoLog Manager > Tools > Address Book, Add New Database Account.
2. The JDBC Status of MySQL should be ready, select it and click 'Create Account'.
3. Required details:
- Driver Name should be left default (com.mysql.jdbc.Driver)
- Host Address - the database hostname or IP address
- Port - the port that should be used to establish a connection (default 3306)
- Database Name - the name of the target database
- User - the user name that will be used for authentication
- Password - the password that will be used for authentication
4. Save the account and click on the 'Verify' button to verify the connectivity.
If verification fails - ensure all the details are accurate, and that the XpoLog machine can establish a connection to the database machine on port 3306.
5. Once connectivity is verified it is possible to add tables as log source from this database