In order to add a table from Oracle Database as a log source to XpoLog follow these steps:
1. Download the driver from here
2. Go to XpoLog Manager > Tools > Address Book, Add New Database Account.
3. In the Database Types screen, click the 'Upload Driver' button and select the classes12.jar and click the 'Upload' button.
1. Go to XpoLog Manager > Tools > Address Book, Add New Database Account.
2. The JDBC Status of Oracle should be ready, select it and click 'Create Account'.
3. Required details:
- Driver Name should be left default (oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver)
- Host Address - the database hostname or IP address
- Port - the port that should be used to establish a connection (default 1521)
- Database Name - the name of the target database
- User - the user name that will be used for authentication
- Password - the password that will be used for authentication
4. Save the account and click on the 'Verify' button to verify the connectivity.
If verification fails - ensure all the details are accurate, and that the XpoLog machine can establish a connection to the database machine on port 1521.
5. Once connectivity is verified it is possible to add tables as log source from this database