- Using a Java that is already installed on the machine(s):
- Ensure you have Java installed on each of the machines that XpoLog runs on
- For each XpoLog installation, edit the file XpoLog.lax (Windows) or XpoLog.sh.lax (Linux) and look for the line starting with 'lax.nl.current.vm'
- Modify it to the Java path you wish to use (for example lax.nl.current.vm=jre/bin/Java)
- Save and restart XpoLog (this should be done on all instances)
- Recommended - Apply the patch to update the internal Java version:
- After verification - remove previous Java version from the server.
Once verified at XpoLog Manager > System > System Health ('System Information' section) that each of the instances uses the updated Java version, remove the old jre directory from the server:
- Go to INSTALLATION_DIRECTORY (of each XpoLog instance you're running)
- Check all directories that their name starts with jre
- Leave only the directory 'jre_1_8_301281' and delete all other jre* directories (these contain older Java versions).