- Using a JAVA that is already installed on the machine(s):
- Ensure you have JAVA installed on each of the machines that XpoLog runs on
- For each XpoLog installation, edit the file XpoLog.lax (Windows) or XpoLog.sh.lax (Linux) and look for the line starting with 'lax.nl.current.vm'
- Modify it to the JAVA path you wish to use (for example lax.nl.current.vm=jre_1_8_281/bin/java)
- Save and restart XpoLog (this should be done on all instances)
- Recommended - Apply the patch to update the internal JAVA version:
- After verification - remove previous JAVA version from the server.
Once verified at XpoLog Manager > System > System Health ('System Information' section) that each of the instances uses the updated JAVA version, remove the old jre directory from the server:
- Go to INSTALLATION DIRECTORY (of each XpoLog instance you're running)
- Verify that there are 2 jre directories: jre, jre_281.
- Delete the jre one (this is the older JAVA).